10/10: Corneliu Porumboiu
The director of The Treasure, Police, Adjective, and 12:08 East of Bucharest lists his ten favorite films from the last ten years.
-in alphabetical order-
1. The Autobiography of Nicolae Ceausescu (Andrei Ujica, 2010, Romania)
2. Hahaha (Hong Sangsoo, 2010, Korea)
3. Le Havre (Aki Kaurismaki, 2011, Finland)
4. The Loneliest Planet (Julia Loktev, 2011, USA)
5. Melancholia (Lars von Trier, 2011, Denmark)
6. Modern Life (Raymond Depardon, 2008, France)
7. No Country for Old Men (Ethan Coen and Joel Coen, 2007, USA)
8. A Prophet (Jacques Audiard, 2009, France)
9. Stranger by the Lake (Alain Gauiraudie, 2013, France)
10. Windows on Monday (Ulrich Köhler, 2006, Germany)
Corneliu Porumboiu’s new film, Infinite Football, opens November 9, 2018
10/10 is an ongoing series in which we ask cinephiles to name their ten favorite films from the last ten years (currently, between 2006 and 2016).