10/10: José Luis Guerín
The director of In the City of Silvia and the new film The Academy of Muses lists his ten favorite films from the last ten years.
-in alphabetical order-
1. Flight of the Red Balloon (Hou Hsiao-hsein, 2007, Taiwan/France)
2. Frontier of the Dawn (Philippe Garrel, 2008, France)
3. Mountains May Depart (Jia Zhang-ke, 2015, China)
4. Ne Change Rien (Pedro Costa, 2009, Portugal)
5. Only Lovers Left Alive (Jim Jarmusch, 2013, USA)
6. The Strange Case of Angelica (Manoel de Oliveira, 2010, Portugal)
7. Tabu (Miguel Gomes, 2012, Portugal)
8. Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives (Apichatpong Weerasethakul, 2011, Thailand)
9. Woman on the Beach (Hong Sangsoo, 2006, South Korea)
10. Yuki & Nina (Hippolyte Girardot, Nobuhiro Suwa, 2009, France/Japan)
José Luis Guerín’s The Academy of Muses is now available to watch.
10/10 is an ongoing series in which we ask cinephiles to name their ten favorite films from the last ten years (currently, between 2006 and 2016).