10/10: Kevin Jerome Everson
The multi-disciplinary artist and director whose work includes numerous acclaimed shorts and features, like Tonsler Park, Erie, and Fe26, shares the ten best films he saw in the last ten years.
— in alphabetical order —
1. Florentina Hubaldo (Lav Diaz, 2012)
2. The Illinois Parables (Deborah Stratman, 2016)
3. Losing Ground (Kathleen Collins, 1982)
4. Love Is The Message, The Message Is Death (Arthur Jafa, 2016)
5. A Man Returned (Mahdi Fleifel, 2015)
6. Market People (Želimir Žilnik, 1978)
7. Random Acts of Flyness (Terence Nance, 2018)
8. Space is the Place (A March for Sun Ra) (Cauleen Smith, 2011)
9. Take this Hammer (Richard O. Moore, 1963)
10. Until the Quiet Comes (Kahlil Joseph, feat. music of Flying Lotus, 2012) [watch]
More information on Erie can be found here.
10/10 is an ongoing series in which we ask cinephiles to name their ten favorite films from the last ten years (currently, between 2008 and 2018).