10/10: Thom Andersen
The director of Los Angeles Plays Itself and the new documentary, The Thoughts That Once We Had, lists his ten favorite films from the last ten years.
-in order of release-
1. These Encounters of Theirs (Jean-Marie Straub, Danièle Huillet, 2006, France)
2. 24 City (Jia Zhang-ke, 2008, China)
3. It Felt Like a Kiss (Adam Curtis, 2009, United Kingdom)
4. Winter Vacation (Li Hongqi, 2010, China)
5. The Kid with a Bike (Jean-Pierre Dardenne, Luc Dardenne, 2011, France)
6. Le Havre (Aki Kaurismäki, 2011, Finland)
7. Three Sisters (Wang Bing, 2012, China)
8. Like Someone in Love (Abbas Kiarostami, 2012, Iran/Japan)
9. You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet (Alain Resnais, 2012, France)
10. 52 Films (James Benning, 2015, USA)
10/10 is an ongoing series in which we ask cinephiles to name their ten favorite films from the last ten years (currently, between 2006 and 2016).