10/10: Peter Parlow
The director of The Plagiarists, which opens Friday, shares his ten favorite films from the last ten years.
A note about Peter Parlow: Parlow is an American filmmaker, writer, musician, and stock photographer. He has an exclusive contract with the writers / producers of The Plagiarists: Robin Schavoir and James N. Kienitz Wilkins.
1. Personal Problems (Bill Gunn, 1980). Fully available.
2. Django Unchained (Quentin Tarantino, 2012). Too funny.
3. Penguins of Madagascar (Eric Darnell & Simon J. Smith, 2014). Plucky babysitters.
4. The Second Game (Corneliu Porumboiu, 2014). Hat trick.
5. Homeland (Iraq Year Zero) (Abbas Fahdel, 2015). A lot.
6. Trolls (Mike Mitchell, 2016). Cute Danish (or Norwegian?) babysitters.
7. O.J.: Made in America (Ezra Edelman, 2016). History 101 for millennials.
8. A Bread Factory (Patrick Wang, 2018). Self-governing.
9. High Flying Bird (Steven Soderbergh, 2019). Imperfectly free again.
10. Avengers: Endgame (Joe Russo & Anthony Russo, 2019). Kid said it’s phenomenal, though we haven’t seen it yet. Been kinda busy with work and movie tickets are so expensive these days.
10/10 is an ongoing series in which we ask cinephiles to name their ten favorite films from the last ten years (currently, between 2010 and 2019).