10/10: Radu Jude
The director of Aferim! and the upcoming Sacred Hearts shares his
ten eleven favorite films from the last ten years.
– in chronological order –
1. Autobiography of Nicolae Ceausescu (Andrei Ujică, 2010)
2. Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall his Past Lives (Apichatpong Weerasethakul, 2010)
3. Once Upon a Time in Anatolia (Nuri Bilge Ceylan, 2011)
4. Out-Takes from the Life of a Happy Man (Jonas Mekas, 2012)
5. Pays Barbare (Yervant Gianikian and Angela Ricci Lucchi, 2013)
6. Goodbye to Language (Jean-Luc Godard, 2014)
7. La Sapienza (Eugène Green, 2014)
8. Homeland: Iraq Year Zero (Abbas Fahdel, 2015)
9. The Exquisite Corpus (Peter Tscherkassky, 2016)
10. António and Catarina (Cristina Haneș, 2017)
11. El Mar La Mar (J.P. Sniadecki and Joshua Bonnetta, 2017)
10/10 is an ongoing series in which we ask cinephiles to name their ten favorite films from the last ten years (currently, between 2008 and 2018).